Bernard Pivot Blogfest

First thing, I had several lovely comments about the first post of my critique. Thank you to all. You can read my entire critique here or click on the critique page in my page header. I will post more about what I learned and advice later this week. For now though Nicole Ducleroir is hosting the Bernard Pivot blogfest and it is FUN!! Please check it out and see what the other bloggers have answered.

Here's mine. Enjoy. ;)


1. What is your favorite word?
If you ask my kids it would be "STOP IT". But that's two words. Hhmm I have several and that's really hard for a writer to narrow down to one word. I'll list my top three.

a. Luscious---it just sounds pretty and reminds me of ripe fruit
b. tulips--it looks pretty and I love tulips
c. fantastic--because I can say it with the same inflection whether I'm being sarcastic or really mean it.

2. What is your least favorite word?
TAXES

3.What turns you on creatively, spiritually, or emotionally?
Colors, vibrant colors and alcohol. Vibrant colorful alcohol. Just kidding. The alcohol doesn't have to be colorful . ;)

4. What turns you off?
Being forced to believe one way.

5. What is your favorite curse word?
Damn it to hell on a shit stick.

6.What sound or noise do you love?
My boys giggling uncontrollably. You know that deep belly laugh they can't stop.

7. What sound do you hate?
Any metal grinding or squeaking when its coming from an appliance or motor vehicle that I still owe money on.

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Since my family and friends would frown on me starting up my own Mafioso I guess I'll go with archeology.

9. What profession would you not like to do?
Maggot Farming. Although I hear its lucrative.


10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
Well I'd like for him to say "welcome" but I have a feeling he would say any number of the below.

a. Are you the one who sent the query letter?

b. Slush pile is through the gates and to your left. Jump in, I promise we'll get to you.

c. May I help you? You seem lost.

d. Your restraining order said 1000 yards.

e. OK , I give up but go to the back so no one knows I let you in.

f. Do you remember .....in your 3rd book ....when you took the devil's side....

1 comment:

I encourage disccusions, debates and all points of views. However, hurtful or offensive comments will be deleted.